TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Please read the following important terms and conditions before you buy anything on our website. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time.
This contract sets out:
- your legal rights and responsibilities;
- our legal rights and responsibilities; and
- certain key information required by law.
In this contract:
- ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means Southampton Football Club Limited; and
- ‘you’ or ‘your’ means the person using our site to buy goods from us.
If you have any questions about this contract or any orders you have placed, please contact us by:
- sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- calling us on 02380 711 973 (our telephone lines are open Monday – Friday: 10am – 4pm. Saturday: 10am – 4pm.
Do you need extra help?
If you would like this contract in another format please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page.
Who are we?
We are Southampton Football Club Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number: 00053301
Our registered office is at: St Mary’s Stadium, Britannia Road, Southampton, SO14 5FP
Our VAT number is: 330 1812 08
The details of this contract will not be filed by us. Please print out or save a copy of this contract for your records as we will not save a copy for you.
- If you buy goods on our site you agree to be legally bound by this contract.
- This contract is only available in English. No other languages will apply to this contract.
- When buying any goods on our site you also agree to be legally bound by:
- our website terms and conditions;
- specific terms which apply to certain goods or offers. If you want to see these specific terms, please visit the relevant webpage for the goods or see below.
All of the above documents form part of this contract as though set out in full here.
- Information we give you
- By law, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 say that we must give you certain key information before a legally binding contract between you and us is made. This information is available via this website, the acknowledgement email you will receive from us after placing an order or by contacting us using the contact details available at the top of this page.
- The key information we give you by law forms part of this contract (as though it is set out in full here).
- If we have to change any key information once a legally binding contract between you and us is made, we can only do this if you agree to it.
- Your privacy and personal information
- Ordering goods from us
- Please read and check your order carefully before submitting it. You will be able to correct any errors before submitting your order to us.
- When you place your order at the end of the online checkout process (eg when you click on the ‘Pay Now’ button), we will acknowledge it by email. This acknowledgement does not, however, mean that your order has been accepted by us.
- We may contact you to say that we do not accept your This is typically for the following reasons:
- the goods are unavailable;
- we cannot authorise your payment;
- you are not allowed to buy the goods from us;
- we are not allowed to sell the goods to you;
- you have ordered too many goods; or
- there has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the goods.
- We will only accept your order when we email you to confirm this (Confirmation Email). At this point:
- a legally binding contract will be in place between you and us; and
- we will dispatch the goods to you.
- We reserve the right to decline orders for large quantity or high value items.
- If you are under the age of 18 you may not be able to buy certain goods because you are too you. Age restrictions are set out on the relevant webpage for the goods.
- Right to cancel & Returns
- You have the right to cancel this contract within 14 days (of the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the entirety of your order) without giving any reason. Please note, this does not apply with respect to orders for personalised items which may only be cancelled where faulty.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (eg a letter sent by post or email) using the contact details at the top of this page. You may use the model cancellation form available at the bottom of these T&CS, but it is not obligatory.
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
- If you have received your order and have cancelled or wish to cancel your contract:
- you must send back the goods or hand them over to us, without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired;
- you will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods; and
- you are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
- We also offer an extended returns policy of 28 days from the date you receive your order (or the last item in your order). This does not apply in respect of non-faulty personalised items.
- Returns can be made by sending your item(s) to:
St Mary’s Stadium
within 28 days of delivery. We advise using special delivery to return your item(s) by post as we cannot accept any responsibility for items lost in the post. Postal charges are the responsibility of the customer unless the goods returned are faulty.
- We reserve the right to refuse a refund or exchange if it appears that the item has been tampered with, incorrectly washed, or subjected to more than reasonable wear and tear. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- For hygiene reasons, jewellery, underwear, hats and socks may only be returned if faulty. Please make sure you have ordered the correct item and size at the time of ordering.
- Effects of cancellation
- If you cancel this contract or return an item in accordance with these terms and conditions, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery to you (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we received back from you any goods supplied; or
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods; or
- if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
- We use EVRi to deliver our For information on delivery options and costs, visit our Delivery Information webpage. During the online checkout process, you will be given available delivery options to choose from.
- EVRi will send you an email with the estimated date and time window for delivery of the goods.
- If something happens which is outside of our control (before your order is passed to EVRi) and affects the estimated date of delivery, will provide you with a revised estimated date for delivery.
- Delivery will take place at the address specified by you when you placed your order with us.
- We cannot deliver age-restricted goods if we are unable to properly identify you. Please provide the delivery driver with a valid form of ID (passport or photocard driving licence).
- Unless you and we agree otherwise, if we cannot deliver your goods within 30 days of the date of your Confirmation Email, we will let you know via email or telephone and:
- offer you an alternative product(s);
- cancel your order and give you a refund.
- If nobody is available to take delivery, please contact EVRi as specified in the email from EVRi.
- You are responsible for the goods once they have been delivered to the address specified by you when you placed your order with us. In other words, the risk in the goods passes to you when you take, or a third party notified by you takes, possession of the goods.
- Please note that if you are placing an international order, you may be charged customs and import duties depending on the order’s value and the destination country. These duties/charges vary by country to country and are the responsibility of the recipient of the order. If you have specific customs questions please contact your local customs and excise ministry or department.
- We accept the following credit/debit cards and payment methods: Visa, Mastercard, PayPal We do not accept cash or cheques.
- Your credit card or debit card will be charged when your order is placed.
- All payments by credit card or debit card need to be authorised by the relevant card issuer. We may also need to use extra security steps via: Verified by Visa; Mastercard®SecureCodeTM
- If your payment is not received by us and you have already received the goods, you must:
- pay for such goods as soon as possible and in any case within 30 days; or
- return them to us as soon as possible and in any case within 30 days. If so, you must keep the goods in your possession, take reasonable care of them (including ensuring that you follow any instructions or manuals given with the goods) and not use them before you return them to us.
- If you do not pay for the goods and fail to return them in accordance with clause 8.5, we may collect the goods from you at your We will try to contact you to let you know if we intend to do this.
- Nothing in this clause affects your legal rights to cancel the contract during the cancellation period as set out in clauses 5 and 6.
- All prices are in pounds sterling (£)(GBP) and include VAT at the applicable rate, but exclude delivery charges. For information on delivery options and costs, visit our Delivery Information webpage.
- Nature of the goods
- Southampton FC squad numbers correct at time of publishing. We shall have no responsibility for subsequent changes to squad numbers or if a player is transferred. Items that include personalisation will not be refunded unless faulty.
- The Consumer Rights Act 2015 gives you certain legal rights (also known as ‘statutory rights’). The goods that we provide to you must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.
- We are under a legal duty to supply you with goods that are in conformity with this contract.
- The packaging of the goods may be different from that shown on the site.
- While we try to make sure that:
- all weights, sizes and measurements set out on the site are as accurate as possible, there may be a small tolerance in such weights, sizes and measurements in some goods; and
- the colours of our goods are displayed accurately on the site, the actual colours that you see on your device may vary depending on the device that you
- Any goods sold at discount prices, as remnants or as substandard will be identified and sold as such. Please check that they are of a satisfactory quality for their intended use.
- If we can’t supply certain goods, we may need to substitute them with alternative goods of equal or better standard and value. In this case:
- we will let you know if we intend to do this but this may not always be possible; and
- you can refuse to accept such substitutes, in which case we will offer you a refund or a replacement and let you know how long such an offer remains open for.
- Faulty goods
- The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product you’re entitled to the following:
- up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, you can get a refund;
- up to six months: if it can’t be repaired or replaced, then you’re entitled to a full refund in most cases;
- up to six years: if the goods do not last a reasonable length of time, you may be entitled to some money back.
- For more detailed information on your rights and what you should expect from us, please:
- contact us using the contact details at the top of this page; or
- visit the Citizens Advice website www.citizensadvice.org.uk or call 0808 223 1133.
- Nothing in this contract affects your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’). You may also have other rights in law.
- If your goods are faulty, please contact us using the contact details at the top of this page.
- End of the contract
If this contract is ended it will not affect our right to receive any money which you owe to us under this contract.
- Limitation on our liability
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for any:
- losses that were not foreseeable to you and us when the contract was formed;
- losses that were not caused by any breach on our part;
- business losses; or
- losses to non-consumers.
- Third party rights
No one other than a party to this contract has any right to enforce any term of this contract.
- We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently. If you are unhappy with the goods you ordered, our service to you or any other matter, please contact us as soon as possible using the contact details set out at the top of this page.
- The laws of England and Wales apply to this contract, although if you are resident elsewhere you will retain the benefit of any mandatory protections given to you by the laws of that country.
- Any disputes will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. This means that you can choose whether to bring a claim in the courts of England and Wales or in the courts of another part of the UK in which you
Model Cancellation Form
To Southampton Football Club Limited, St Mary’s Stadium, Britannia Road, Southampton, SO14 5FP email@example.com:
I hereby give notice that I cancel my contract for the sale of the following goods:
Ordered on/received on:
Name of consumer:
Address of consumer:
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper):
Terms and Conditions – Auctions
- These terms and conditions (‘Auction T&Cs’) apply in addition to our general Terms and Conditions of Sale. Where any part of these Auction T&Cs conflict with our general Terms and Conditions of Sale, the provisions of these Auction T&Cs will take priority.
- In these Auction T&Cs:
- auction period: means the period of the auction, as shown on the relevant webpage by a countdown timer (or similar);
- current bid/bid price: means, at any time, the price that would be paid by the winning bidder (calculated in accordance with clause 2.2 below) if the auction closed at that time;
- max bid: means the highest amount that a bidder would be willing to pay, as submitted as a bid via the relevant webpage;
- The Auction Process
- By placing a bid, you notify us of your intention to make an offer to purchase the item at the final ‘bid price’ (see 2.2 below), should your max bid be the highest of all bids at the end of the auction period (‘winning bid’). No sale will be made, and no contract will exist, until:
- the auction period shown on our website has ended;
- (if you placed the winning bid) you have completed your purchase in accordance with clause 2.4 below; and
- You have received a confirmation email from us.
- The ‘bid price’ will increase in set increments with each bid placed until the expiry of the auction period (at which time the then current ‘bid price’ will be the ‘final bid price’). The ‘current bid’ and ‘final bid price’ will be attributed to the person with the highest ‘max bid’ at the relevant point in time.
- If two or more people bid the same amount, the person who placed their bid earliest will be considered the higher bidder.
- If you have placed the winning bid you will be notified by email and will have seven days to complete your purchase via our website. If you do not complete your purchase during this time, the person with the next highest bid will then have the opportunity to complete their purchase within seven days, and so on until the item is sold.
- Please note, you must be logged into our website to place a bid.
- Cancellation and Returns
- Our extended return period does not apply to goods purchase via an auction on this site. This does not affect your statutory right of cancellation (see clause 5 of our Terms and Conditions of Sale for more information).
- Where you return or cancel an order after receiving the auction goods, a full refund will only be given where the relevant Certificate of Authentication is also returned.